My items arrived the day after they were shipped. The packaging is insane! Not only is it plastic free, but the quality of Tom’s packaging and the design is a work of art itself. It’s like getting a box full of jewellery. Everything is presented with so much love and care! All of the products are stunning. They are well made and will honestly last a lifetime! The flourish is beautiful. It has a good weight, it’s comfortable to hold. It automatically places my hand in the right position. I’ve only tried it with the graphite lead so far and it’s honestly a game changer! The ability to adjust the angle of the lead or nib will make my calligraphy work flow much better, and it will help when I’m inking sketches. I’m excited to use it to create beautiful works of art! Thank you so much Tom! I love it! xx
Excellent oblique pen holder. Will take all my nibs -amazing! Unique attachment works very well. Outstanding service too. Thank you!
I first heard of Tom’s studio in a magazine and I so wanted one of his pens, but could not afford them, finally I got the chance to have one of his flourish pens. Basically I love it the colour, the weight and it writes beautifully. Thank you
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO DEMAND & COVID THE CURRENT WAIT TIME FOR THE FLOURISH CAN BE AROUND 4-5 WEEKS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE :)
Make changing nibs a breeze with Flourish - The Universal Calligraphy Pen
"I love the way this holder feels and it’s a pencil lead and nib holder all in one!" @hazelslettering
You can now park the pliers and say sayonara to screws. Instead all you need to do is place your favourite nib in the holder, twist and you’ll be back to flourishing in a flash!
My unique design fits nibs as large as a Nikko G, all the way down to smaller nibs like the Brause 66EF, as well as the included 2mm pencil lead, so you can draft your creations before committing to ink.
As no two calligraphers are the same, I designed the pen so that you can easily customise the angle of the nib to suit your calligraphy style. I’ve also refined the balance of the pen so that the centre of gravity sits between your forefinger and your thumb joint, making it feel neither top nor bottom heavy.
Your calligraphy style is unique to you, so why shouldn’t your pen be too? It’s the reason I dip dye each and every pen by hand, lending them their own totally unique characteristics.
Good to know & FAQs:
- Every pen is machined from solid metals on a lathe used for making fine watch and aerospace grade components, so you can be sure your pen will write perfectly for years and years to come.
- Measures 145mm x 10mm and weighs 22g.
- Comes in a beautifully crafted gift box.
- Designed with the planet in mind. I’ve made sure that this pen is made from infinitely recyclable materials, such as brass and aluminium, which are easily separated (no glue or un-recyclable plastics here).
- And because our each flourish pen has been dyed by hand, each and every one is as unique as you and your writing style!
- Every Pen is dip dyed by hand so may have small speckles or colour variations; it's part of what makes your pen unique.
- Nibs are sold separately and you can find them here
- I have a superb range of inks to compliment your pen and you can find them here
- Shipping times are calculated from dispatch.