The Flourish Pen is a fantastic addition to a calligrapher's pencil case! The ease of use to change nibs, or to the pencil lead provided is incredible and has sped up my workflow by only needing one tool to take my ideas to the final product. The Flourish Pen is the second pen I have purchased from Tom's Studio, with the first being the Minimal Brass Oblique pen. As always the quality is impeccable it is perfectly balanced, expertly crafted and beautifully packaged.
Knowing that I had the first instalment of a nib subscription arriving in January, I was on the market for a universal oblique and couldn't find anything I liked the look/sound of. Until I found this. It arrived in stunning packaging and is a beautiful thing to look at. My first thought was that it might be a little on the heavy side, but I don't notice the weight at all after I've warmed up. A key benefit is you can adjust the angle of the flange too, a wonderful idea! This is a pen I love to use, and can't wait to add another to my pen pot.
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO DEMAND & COVID THE CURRENT WAIT TIME FOR THE FLOURISH CAN BE AROUND 4-5 WEEKS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE :)
"I love the way this holder feels and it’s a pencil lead and nib holder all in one!" @hazelslettering
This limited batch of Black Flourish Calligraphy Pens have a silky matte black finish which sings quality and craft. The black edition not only looks beautiful but is designed to be the best tool for the job.
You can now park the pliers and say sayonara to screws. Instead all you need to do is place your favourite nib in the holder, twist and you’ll be back to flourishing in a flash!
My unique design fits nibs as large as a Nikko G, all the way down to smaller nibs like the Brause 66EF, as well as the included 2mm pencil lead, so you can draft your creations before committing to ink.
As no two calligraphers are the same, I designed the pen so that you can easily customise the angle of the nib to suit your calligraphy style. I’ve also refined the balance of the pen so that the centre of gravity sits between your forefinger and your thumb joint, making it feel neither top nor bottom heavy.
Your calligraphy style is unique to you, so why shouldn’t your pen be too? It’s the reason I dip dye each and every pen by hand, lending them their own totally unique characteristics.
Good to know & FAQs:
- Each pen is beautifully presented in a gold foiled gift box.
- Every pen is machined from solid metals on a lathe used for making fine watch and aerospace grade components, so you can be sure your pen will write perfectly for years and years to come.
- Measures 145mm x 10mm and weighs 22g.
- Designed with the planet in mind. I’ve made sure that this pen is made from infinitely recyclable materials, such as brass and aluminium, which are easily separated (no glue or un-recyclable plastics here).
- Nibs are sold separately and you can find them here
- I have a superb range of inks to compliment your pen and you can find them here
- Shipping times are calculated from dispatch.